Posts made by Jamie Billingham

Hi emma :  - )

Good to hear the videos are helpful - and yes... so many styles to choose from.

What has help me is reminding myself that "explainer" videos are a new and emerging sub-type of educational video and as long as I stay focused on "explaining" I'll be ok.

On with the process : - D

jamie

Say hello here and tell us a bit about yourself.

And....

If you completed one of the worksheets you can post it (or your very strong feelings about this process) to this forum.

Or share the basics:

1. What is you topic? What are you going to explain in your video? 

2. Who is your audience? Who are you creating this video for? What are your assumptions about your audience?

3. What do you want them to take away from this video? What is the learning goal or objective?

4. What are the 1 - 3 BIG ideas that you will include in this video?

5. How long will you video be? How many minutes and how many words? 

Reply to this post to keep introductions and plan sharing in this thread.

Nice one Sylvia,

Funnily enough I didn't really find your video off-putting at all. Perhaps because I've seen way worse and maybe in part because I just stopped watching after the first few seconds. I listened very carefully though (filtered out the dogs barking along with the sound of my grandkids running around upstairs) and other than thinking that you sounded a bit tired I came away with a "sense" that there was a person attached to the name in the forum.

The take-aways for me are that sound matters more than visuals and that we humans are really adaptable :-)

Cheers,

Jamie