FLO MicroCourse: Teach With Stories
Facilitators: Denise Withers and Sylvia Currie
In this FLO MicroCourse, we will explore the art and science of story design to discover how and why stories make learning easier. Following a dip into the research, you’ll share experiences of teaching/learning with story in the past, then design a rough draft of a story-based learning assignment for peer review.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- describe how stories facilitate learning
- identify 5 ways to use story in your teaching
- design an effective, story-based learning activity.
Facilitating Learning Online (FLO) MicroCourses are short, single-topic, hands-on and free. In one week, you will dip into the FLO experience, and leave with something practical and useful for your own teaching practice. Participate according to your own schedule and expect to spend approximately 1 hour per day!
Facilitators: Gina Bennett and Asif Devji
This workshop will help you enhance skills needed to confidently and effectively facilitate online learning. You will:
- experience being in the online learners’ shoes;
- think about, practice and develop your online facilitation skills with other new and experienced online facilitators; and
- deepen your learning as you synthesize your observations, reading and online activities in your journal.