SCoPE brings together individuals who share an interest in educational research and practice and offers opportunities for dialogue across disciplines, geographical borders, professions, levels of expertise, and education sectors.
We have a long tradition of organizing activities that are open to the public and facilitated by volunteers in the community. In recent years we began hosting Facilitating Learning Online courses and supporting up-and-coming facilitators.
Membership in SCoPE is free and open to everyone; some courses are fee-based (cost recovery).
Facilitating Learning Online
- FLO Design [registration closed] - September 23 - October 18, 2019
- FLO MicroCourse: Metacognition: Rethinking the Role of Thinking in Learning [register] - October 21 - 25, 2019
- FLO Fundamentals [register] - October 28 - November 29, 2019
- FLO MicroCourse: Teach With Stories [register] - November 18 - 22, 2019
- FLO MicroCourse: Multicultural Teaching Practices [More details soon!]- January 27 - 31, 2020
- Learn more about FLO courses
- Upcoming courses are listed in the BCcampus events calendar
- Archive: 10 years of scheduled discussions, facilitated by volunteers in our community, all related to teaching and learning