Scanning the micro-course.

Scanning the micro-course.

by emma bourassa -
Number of replies: 3

Well, I am a big picture person so scanning is hard for me. I like the details...

I find the videos really helpful and the contrast of styles has me wondering what format to choose. I'm nowhere near the tech bit yet, but am thoroughly enjoying the brainstorming. 

By the way, this quote

"There are so many great quotes about planning. My favorite is from Peter Drucker who clearly understood that it is the process of planning that has value. The end result is not the plan, rather the end result should be the execution of the the plan. The plan is the box, the planning is the goodies inside. With that in mind, here is one way to go about planning your explainer video."  

beautifully captures a lot of the FLO courses.  It's sometimes hard to stay within the processing bit though....

I am looking forward to the week!! 

emma

In reply to emma bourassa

Re: Scanning the micro-course.

by Jamie Billingham -

Hi emma :  - )

Good to hear the videos are helpful - and yes... so many styles to choose from.

What has help me is reminding myself that "explainer" videos are a new and emerging sub-type of educational video and as long as I stay focused on "explaining" I'll be ok.

On with the process : - D

jamie

In reply to emma bourassa

Re: Scanning the micro-course.

by Jacquie Harrison -

Hi Emma! Hi Jamie!

Nice to see you here :)

I'm looking forward to this course too. I make lots of videos for my online courses and am certain they can be better. 

I just found this course this morning and the timing is perfect. I'm reading a book called E-learning and the Science of Instruction, Clark and Mayer. 

This course will go along nicely with the book.

Jacquie