Posts made by Jeffrey Keefer

Norm-

I just used narrative inquiry in a paper for my degree program, and found the method quite interesting. Can you speak a little about how you analyzed your interview notes with Lisa? This is something I found challenging to learn (even when surrounded by research texts!).

Thank you.

Jeffrey

I did not see a space for introductions, so decided to create one (which may relate to being empowered to do so, as per workshop topic #3!).

I just received a notification about this workshop here at SCoPE, and am very much looking forward to it. As I mentionedin my blog post this morning, I think now is a perfect time for this topic.

I am Jeffrey Keefer, and live and work in New York City. I am a project manager within clinical education in a large nursing organization in the city. I also am a doctoral student at Lancaster University in e-Research and Technology Enhanced Learning, and I am an adjunct instructor at New York University and Pace University, right here in Manhattan.

As my own research touches areas of cultural studies and critical theory, I am really looking forward to this session!

I am Jeffrey Keefer, and I live and work in New York City (though with the Internet and my online communities, time and space have less and less of a role).

I am often engaged in active reflection in SCoPE sessions (I read and reflect, though do not always make myself too present to other participants), though do not feel I should keep very quiet during this one as the subject is very fitting for my current reading of Wenger's earlier work that I am engaged in.

I have been an adult educator for a number of years, and currently manage projects with a clinical education / quality services department in a large non-profit healthcare organization. I am looking forward to these discussions here, though do not think I will be able to attend the synchronous sessions due to work commitments. What a nice mid-summer event!