Posts made by minhaaj ur rehman

Dear Nellie,

I think this is a very valid point and i have been repeatedly raising this question in conference. Education be it e-learning or f2f, should be universal, affordable and irrespective of races, religions and colors. Most western universities charge astronomical amounts of fees from students abroad specially third world countries. A little search in this regard can show how dual fee system is being used in western universities. There are limited scholarships and financial assistance for international students and this has to end. I would personally like to thank you for bringing this issue up. I have been a long standing fan of Canadian human rights, freedom of speech and health care accomplishments and its about time, Canada initiates a universal education plan too, regardless of geographical biases.

Thank You
Minhaaj
This report has been a fantastic overview of canadian accomplishments in e-learning field. New initiatives have been taken and serious efforts are being made in this field. Next logical step is methodical and systematically designed elaborate e-learning strategy that would help government and academics alike in their efforts of promoting distance learning. This is inevitable and a broad debate is urgently required on this topic.

I think this should be the guideline for all other countries as to how to implement and design e-learning strategies.
This is a common practice that E-learning institution in western universities have limited international enrollment and discouraging policies and fees. I would like to invite your thoughts on why western institutions are discouraging and rather biased against international students where E-learning should be free and collaborative. Any comments, suggestions, theoretical model to resolve this issue would be welcome.