Week Three Schedule

Week Three Schedule

by Terry Anderson -
Number of replies: 12
George, Paul and I met this morning to draft a schedule for our final week of this conference. A online conference, by definition has an end point. However, we do want to create an artifact document, to consolidate our deliberations and learning during these three weeks- as well as to serve a number of promotion and education functions. We are also thinking how best to insure that the e-learning research network developed during the past few weeks can keep evolving.

So we are gathering a number of graphical overviews previously or about to be posted (try your hand!!) that will help serve as a "table of contents" for a wiki generated final report. We then invite all of you to add or document ideas you either proposed, or were generated during the presentations or discussions.

We will be meeting on Monday morning (same Elluminate room) at the usual (10:00Am mountain time) to discuss the broad components and organization of the final document. We especially invite those with time and energy to help with this important part of the project this week.

During the week, we will be building the document and will use the Moodle forum to document progress and discuss emergent issues.

We will meet a final session next Friday (same time, same place) to celebrate our accomplishments and talk about next steps.

Enjoy the weekend and come back Monday!!!
In reply to Terry Anderson

Re: Week Three Schedule

by Terry Anderson -
Tom Carey has his audio repaired and we plan to run and record his session at 8:00 AM Pacific, 11:00 Central time.
The presentation and discussion will be followed by a
general conference planning session for Week 3 at 9:00 AM Pacific.

You are welcomed to attend either or both.
Terry

by Terry Anderson -
Susan Lister has again been beavering away and done an excellent job of capturing comments from the discussions, chats and presentations and updated this to a Mindmiester map password SOF2008
The Map was really useful for me to see the threads pulled together and the themes emerge. Perhaps our task in creating an actual research agenda document will not be so hard as the outline, with many insights and comments embedded, is already in the map.
But there may be something missing, so if you have time and want to experience a short term collaborative wiki experience, be active this final week of Shaping our Future!!
Thanks again Susan, efforts much appreciated!
Terry

by minhaaj ur rehman -
I dont know about others, but this link isn't working for me Terry. Can you check the link again or i am supposed to register or something i am missing ?

by Kelly Edmonds -

Thank you for this summary. It was excellent and helped me to understand the elearning landscape in this country. I have to agree that Canada is being watched (the comment on well developed Canadian blogs). While studying in Australia two years ago, Canadian educators, researchers and thinkers like you, Terry, as well as Stephen Downes and many others, were followed very closely.

I found in southern Australia, educational organizations were becoming quite adept at using technology with education, and I was pleased to see that what we are doing up here is revered and used to develop their educational models, systems and delivery approaches.

In creating an open pan-Canadian research initiative we will be able to invite our neighbours to participate as well as share the immense knowledge our researchers and stakeholders hold.

I am quite excited to be part of this.

Kelly

by Michael Power -

Hi Terry,
Re Tom Carey 's talk: What day will that be? I see the time but not a date. Mike

by Michael Hotrum -

by Susan Lister -
Sorry about the problems... I believe now the link issue has been solved - If not, try this direct link:
http://www.mindmeister.com/maps/show_public/6697902?password=sof2008
(opens in a new window)

Since the mindmap is really my interpretation of points and clusters of information using mostly direct quotes from the discussion forums and chat-transcripts, the mindmap would better reflect 'the collective' from the last three weeks if others would edit/revise/add-to-it using the weeks' learning artifacts or re-arranging my work as they see fit.

If you want to get involved editing it....Please let me know -- I must add you as a collaborator. (I've tried to add anyone who has posted a message about the mindmap as a collaborator, though). And here are two tutorials for mindmeister to help you out: http://www.mindmeister.com/help/index
http://tinyurl.com/ystfpq

I have attached a zipped file of a gif image of the present state of the Mindmap (Monday, May 26, 1:00pm EST) - but if you just print out, I think it will be too tiny to see! You can view it on your computer or perhaps someone in the crowd can share a multi-page pdf of the image in pieces (like large a poster printed from 8.5x11's)... I don't have software to do that right now.

Looking forward to this week's sharing.
Sue
In reply to Susan Lister

by Kelly Edmonds -
Susan, I saved it as a pdf within the software. It does appear as tiny print but I zoomed the view to about 1000% and it was as it appears online.