Posts made by Jacquie Harrison

Thanks for sharing this rubric, Daniella. It really has a professional look and feel!

Like Leonne, I am wondering what DICE means? 

Your descriptors are clear and will make the expectations clear for students.

One question I have is about having two levels that do not meet the expectation. To me, the descriptors don't seem that different. I'm wondering if it would give students effective feedback on what to do differently. 

Thanks for being the first to submit, Karen! You've gotten us off to to a great start with your rubric.

Your rubric makes the expectations clear to students in so many areas. I can see how it would provide valuable feedback for both the teacher and the learner on the students performance. And, it can guide students on how to improve. 

I know what you mean about having to grade students! I can see how your rubric gives lot of formative feedback.

For giving a grade, I'm wondering what the interpretation of the score is. What is a passing grade? Would it be possible for a student to pass the assessment if they score in the developing section in many of the criteria? 

I love the idea of creating a single point rubric. The are great for giving qualitative and descriptive formative feedback to students. They are also really good for student self assessment. 

Good morning!

It's so nice to see you all in the quick hello. We are a talented group! 

If you are following the suggested timeline for this MicroCourse, you spent some time thinking about what rubrics are, maybe looking at few examples and considering how and why you could use a rubric in a course that you teach. 

Now, it's time to roll up your sleeves and develop a first draft. We're moving in to Step 7 in the Activity Packet. 

Please post your draft rubric in the Sharing and Feedback by Wednesday evening.

Happy developing!

Hi everyone,

I'm sharing a video that I made for a course that I'll be teaching. 

I used screen cast-o-matic and uploaded it to youtube.

I'm wasn't sure how to upload it to Kaltura or how to embed the video here.  I'd like to learn though.

I find it really hard to talk naturally but I didn't want to read from a script. It took me an embarrassingly long time to make this video.

COPY PASTE THIS LINK: https://youtu.be/Fij0o2Mx1XQ

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

(Edited by Robin Leung - original submission Thursday, 14 June 2018, 1:39 PM)

(Edited by Sylvia Currie - original submission Thursday, 14 June 2018, 5:34 PM - issue with YouTube videos too large for forum display and hiding text in post. Work around for now is to copy/paste link instead of embed)

Hi Janet,

I'm not that comfortable being filmed either! I've had to do it a lot so I am becoming desensitized to it. 

You've included a lot of information in these slides. The graphics helped a lot. 

I like the music in the background and that I had the ability to pause the slides to read.

As a suggestion, add a slide at the beginning with the purpose of the intro video. I found I wasn't clear on what I was going to be watching. Even better, record yourself introducing the video and giving a high level over view of the project.

Thanks for sharing this!