Jacquie's video

Jacquie's video

by Jacquie Harrison -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone,

I'm sharing a video that I made for a course that I'll be teaching. 

I used screen cast-o-matic and uploaded it to youtube.

I'm wasn't sure how to upload it to Kaltura or how to embed the video here.  I'd like to learn though.

I find it really hard to talk naturally but I didn't want to read from a script. It took me an embarrassingly long time to make this video.

COPY PASTE THIS LINK: https://youtu.be/Fij0o2Mx1XQ

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

(Edited by Robin Leung - original submission Thursday, 14 June 2018, 1:39 PM)

(Edited by Sylvia Currie - original submission Thursday, 14 June 2018, 5:34 PM - issue with YouTube videos too large for forum display and hiding text in post. Work around for now is to copy/paste link instead of embed)

In reply to Jacquie Harrison

Re: Jacquie's video

by Robin Leung -
That was a lovely video. It was clear and concise. The background was well-lit and your voice was crystal clear. You gave a clear intro of yourself and the course. Sure made me want to take the course!
In reply to Robin Leung

by Sylvia Currie -

Robin and I will both show up in your course, Jacquie! For sure I wouldn't have felt so drawn to the topic by simply reading text. This is a good example of the impact of video for a course intro. 

You mentioned that you would like to learn how to upload using Kaltura. I added that question to our Q&A forum, with a link to the instructions. If you get a chance to try it out following those instructions and let us know how it goes that would be so helpful! It would be paying it forward to future #MicroFLO course participants :) 

In reply to Jacquie Harrison

by Leonne Beebe -

Jacquie,

I copied your link https://youtu.be/Fij0o2Mx1XQ, but was not able to find your video. Oh...Patience was needed as it just showed up. Your video is welcoming and informative with a good flow. Your voice has an easy-to-listen-to tone, and your speed was well-paced and relaxed.  Well done.

This is such an important topic.  Maybe it could be covered in a micro FLO.

Out of confusion comes clarity.

Leonne