Posts made by Cristina Costa

Hi Therese and all,

These last two weeks I have been a lurker - but this week I intend to be more participative. Just to let you know that although you haven't heard that must from me - a part from my introduction post - I am following everything with much interest. You are doing a great job and I would like to thank all moderators, and participants too, for this opportunity.
Looking forward to week 3 discussion. :-)
Hi Tia,
it seems a very interesting project.
I have had yahoo!mail and used yahoo!groups for a long time and I reallly enjoy their tools. I was wondering where they would launch something like that to face the competition with Google.

I watched the videos and think this is going to be big for education.
I just wonder if Yahoo!teachers is only going to be offered for US teachers or will it be offered at a larger scale, and across the educational system?
Thank you so much for sharing it.
I truly believe that the more tools and approaches we are offered, the easier it will be to get more people involved, simply because it is coming to a stage where teachers can no longer ignore the fact that technology is playing, and will carry on playing, an important role in everyone's learning. And more important than that, there will come a time when most educators will agreed that it is not the technology that matters, but what we can do with it to motivate students to learn, and how its use make us be more independent and supported (and supportive of) in our (and others') learning.

Hi,
My name is Cristina and I am a Portuguese in the UK.
I currently work with academic staff, assisting and stimulating them to incorporate learning technologies into their teaching and research approaches in a meaningful way.
I used to be an EFL teacher and am a proud member of the webheads in action.
I am really happy to be here.
I do think that is indeed the right approach. Students creating content in context, and at the end seeing the result of their joint effort as they contribute to the knowledge wealth of a wider group by leaving things published and accessible to and in the WWW. I also believe it validates and stimulates students' work, as they develop their own voice and are, in a way, "exposed" to a wider community.
I do encourage staff here at the Uni to do the same. We have some projects starting really soon where we are aiming to students to engage in wikis and in discussion Forums for that same reason. It is also a  great way to initiate students in an active way of learning.

I just wish more people would adopt such strategies. I think it will come with time. I am positive we are getting there.

Thanks for sharing!  ;-)
Hi Dear all,

I have been following in a passive way for the last feww while trying to catch up with work again after vacation.
I hope to become active now!!!
First things first: here a little bit about myself:

I used to be an EFL teacher and Naval Officer at the Portuguese Navy. Right now, I am working at the University of Salford, UK, as an Education Technologies Development Officer. I am coordinating several e-learning projects. It has been a very enriching experience.
But what I really love is teaching and I am very interested in studying the usage of webtools to enhance active learning and the development of critical minds!! ;-). I have recently finishing writing my Masters' dissertation on Communities of Practice and Curriculum Studies.
I am always looking forward to learning more about these topics.;)

I usually reflect about my learning path here.