Welcome to week 3 of the Using Social Media in Education session presented by SCoPE and BC Campus.
For those of you who were busy with the holiday festivities in the US, here is a summary of the highlights from last week.
- Jason Toal's elluminate session was a hit! Nicely facilitated by Paul Stacey. Sylvia Currie provided the recording of Jason 's Ellumitate Session and a link to his interesting Tags, Tagging, and Tagclouds wiki.
- Facillitators Tia Carr Williams and Ian Macleod have stirred up some serious conversations in the discussion threads. If you have a moment, it is worthwhile to review these popular threads from last week.
- Sandy Hirtz presented the group with an opportunity to participate in the Collaborative Book Project - and provided an online information session on Thursday. If you have a contribution, especially on the subject of social media, contact Sandy, she can give you more information on how to participate.
This WeekThis week our discussions will focus on implementation and innovation when using social media in education. A live elluminate session with Brian Lamb will take place on Thursday.
Week 3 Theme: Implementation & Innovation
(Starting Monday Nov 26 - Wrapup Sunday Dec 2)
- issues around use of social media in formal education
- Privacy, ethics, administration
- Patriot Act US hosting concerns
- Innovations that resolve the above issues
- Emerging trends and the future
Featuring a live presentation with Brian Lamb
Brian Lamb | Exploration, Implementation, and Innovation
- Thurs November 29 10:00 AM Vancouver time (see world clock)
Join Brian Lamb, Manager, Emerging Technologies and Digital Content with the Office of Learning Technology at University of British Columbia for this live session to SEE what the possibilities for using social media in education.
- Our Wikispace for the conference is here http://social-media-in-education.wikispaces.com/
- Tag your links with "scope668" and view the group's tags here :http://del.icio.us/tag/scope668