Social Media in Education: November 12 - December 2, 2007
Social Media in Education
Facilitators:Tia Carr WilliamsIan MacLeodTherese Weel
Live Session Presenters:Jason ToalBrian Lamb
Live Session Moderators: Paul StaceySandy Hirtz
Description: What are the implications for educators and learners as they move towards greater use of social media? In this seminar we will seek to define exactly what social media is, its uses in education and the implications for educators, learners and administrators.
This seminar discussion and presentations are organized in collaboration with BCcampus Online Learning Communities.
Elluminate room for all live sessions
- Tues November 13 (see world clock) Tia Carr Williams and Ian MacLeod | The Social Media in Education Landscape | Elluminate Recording
- Thurs November 22 (see world clock) Jason Toal | Tagging: Now!...That should clear up a few things around here! | Elluminate Recording
- Thurs November 22 (see world clock) Sandy Hirtz | The Collaborative Book Chapter on Social Media in Education
- Thurs November 29 (see world clock) Brian Lamb | Exploration, Implementation, and Innovation | Elluminate Recording
- Fri November 30 (see world clock) Sandy Hirtz | The Collaborative Book Chapter on Social Media in Education - the planning and writing continues
- Our Wikispace is here http://social-media-in-education.wikispaces.com/
- Tag your links with "scope668" and view the group's tags here :http://del.icio.us/tag/scope668
- Show us where you are from on the SCoPE Frappr map
- Visit the SCoPE group in Facebook
- Check out the SCoPE Pageflake and leave a message
- Read the Wikipedia definition of social media. How will YOU help to improve it?
- Do you blog? Let us know so we can add you to the SCoPE Technorati Faves list
- Introduce yourself or just say a few words using VoiceThread
- Contribute to our Social Media in Education book chapter