Posts made by David Brear

Activity 1, here is how Personas represented me on the Internet

http://personas.media.mit.edu/personasWeb.html

My question is how do I interpret this ? Thanks !!

Activity 2

Does it mean the more we share the better person we become ? As your "Digital Identity" grows do you loose your real life identity ? Do you become part of the "Matrix" ?

Thanks,

Dave
Richard, here is an interesting online museum called "The Tech Museum of Innovation" located in San Jose, California.

To quote " The Tech Museum of Innovation engages people of all ages and backgrounds in exploring and experiencing the technologies affecting their lives, and aims to inspire the innovator in everyone."

Here is another one I found called the "Museum of Unnatural Mystery"

To Quote" The Museum of Unnatural Mystery is the brainchild of Lee Krystek. Mr. Krystek had for a long time wanted to build a museum that would explore the fringe edges of science and at the same time use those subjects to get people interested in the more mundane aspects of scientific work. A brick and mortar museum was far beyond his means, but the creation of the world wide web provided a medium that was affordable enough for him to realize his dream." Please note that this site has advertising and asks you to take a survey.

Dave

Dan and others, here is a link from Stephen Downes newsletter from January 28, http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/8000

"I wouldn’t steal is a new and cute one minute video making the case that sharing is fair and people who would never steal a handbag, car, or television nevertheless download film and music. Whatever you think of that, there’s no ambiguity around downloading and remixing I wouldn’t steal — it is licensed under CC Attribution-NonCommercial."

According to eWeek magazine, November 5, 2007 there are around "400 million users of social networks", Page 20, Vol. 24, No. 34.

Google launched OpenSocial on November 1, 2007, here you will find what it is all about and how Google hopes to challenge Facebook's over 7,000 applications built since it launched its developer platform, May 24, 2007.

Take a look at Orkut, Google's social site as well. To quote "It is is an online community designed to make your social life more active and stimulating."

David :)