Posts made by Don McIntosh

I am a lurker in this forum.

I think it is useful to see what is happening in the corporate world. Many companies have long recognized the value of informal learning and have adopted Web 2.0 technologies enthusiastically to give it some structure and to capture some of it.

You may be interested in this upcoming webinar offered by Josh Bersin, one of the leading thinkers and researchers in the corporate training world.

The Enterprise Learning Framework - Formalizing Informal Learning

Thursday, May 21, 2009 1:00 p.m. ET
Josh Bersin, President

Today’s learning organizations need to build training solutions that are cost efficient and leverage the potential value of social networking and collaborative learning. New applications and new business challenges require a re-evaluation of virtually all learning approaches. Attend this webinar and you’ll find out answers to questions like these: How do you formalize informal learning in today's business environment? What are the new models for blended learning? How can you leverage your LMS and new learning technologies to build high-impact, low-cost modern learning programs?

Join Bersin for this interactive discussion of the latest industry research and the soon-to-be-published Enterprise Learning Framework. Click here to register today.

The discussion of audience and objectives is very useful. It is interesting the assumptions that we make when these are not articulated and recorded.

For example, I had assumed that this project would have a uniquely Canadian perspective and, while that might be interesting, it may not be the intention at all.
What I enjoy about museums is the sense of discovery. Even though it is obvious that someone else has discovered it before, there is always something new to learn.

Come to think of it, the World Wide Web is a "museum" of information and now of interconnection. I get that sense of discovery almost every day now.