Activity 4: Shawna - Looking Back - Looking Forward Reflection

Activity 4: Shawna - Looking Back - Looking Forward Reflection

by Shawna Williams -
Number of replies: 1

1.  What was particularly useful and interesting for you? 

I enjoyed how you provided us a variety of readings on the topic, and advised us to only read those which we could manage. Although all were on the same topic, there was variety, and I appreciated having choice. I also found the feedback from peers incredibly useful and rewarding (if not inspiring).

2. How could you share your learning about and application of metacognitive activities in course design with your colleagues?

Given my role as a Curriculum Consultant, this is actually a big part of what we try to do, and a current interest of many on the team. To that end, we share via workshops, blog posts, even our book club (who is currently reading Linda Nilson’s Creating Self-Regulated Learners: Strategies to Strengthen Students’ Self-Awareness and Learning Skills). 

3. How would you "participant-improve" this Micro FLO for the next participants?

I rather liked the format and flow of this particular micro course. I can't think of how I would improve it.

I have really enjoyed my first foray into a FLO micro course. Looking forward to the next one!

Shawna

In reply to Shawna Williams

Re: Activity 4: Shawna - Looking Back - Looking Forward Reflection

by Viviana Chiorean -

Hi Shawna,

Thank you for your feedback, that book sounds very interesting, I will have to get a copy. I hope we cross paths again sometime. 

Viviana