Activity 4: Doug's - Looking Back Looking Forward

Activity 4: Doug's - Looking Back Looking Forward

by Doug Strable -
Number of replies: 1

Metacognition is a concept I understand was important for learning but I was not familiar with the types of activities I could include in online design with ESL students.  Now after a few days, I have confidently explained the importance with written examples to my colleagues.

1.  What was particularly useful and interesting for you? 

I found having a list of references and resources to read particularly useful and I will continue to read these after the course. The activity of designing a metacognitive reading about other activities and reading the thoughtful comments kept me engaged and wanting to open the course each morning.  I appreciate the effort of the course facilitators,  Leonne and Viviana, made to not only comment but also share their experience with each of the participants postings while working.  

2. How could you share your learning about and application of metacognitive activities in course design with your colleagues?

I've already shared the activities and learning with colleagues. I will give a presentation to students and colleagues at the end of this month and will think of a metacognitive to make the audience think about their thinking. Thank you to help spark my imagination.   t

3. How would you "participant-improve" this Micro FLO for the next participants?

There is nothing much I can think of other than continuing to grow the reading list of applications!

Thank you all for your inspiration this week, not only I but my students will benefit from your feedback.

Doug 

In reply to Doug Strable

Re: Activity 4: Doug's - Looking Back Looking Forward

by Viviana Chiorean -

Hi Doug,

Thank you for sharing with your colleagues, I am confident you will deliver a great presentation! I also thank you for your feedback, I hope we can cross paths again. 

Viviana