Discussion prompt: Leonne Beebe

Re: Discussion prompt: Leonne Beebe

by Leonne Beebe -
Number of replies: 0

Thank you for all the positive feedback from the facilitators and participants. (just had to say that after my last rant...)

I am still questioning the timing issue.  I would like the students to cover the four short videos' content at once because of their value for the students learning about learning right at the beginning of the class; however, I would also like to have students do one video a week for the online practice and writing practice. I changed this part a few times before I first posted. Interesting how others will pick up on your own confusion even when you don't mention it.

I plan to use this discussion prompt with my Fundamental English 063 students for the next set of classes starting in March. I think I will go with one a week as it will be a new online experience for them.  I also want them to start using the journal tool instead of handwriting as this will expected at the Intermediate level. Also,  I will invite the lower level students to watch the videos, so they can learn to use the online shell for resources and invite them to choose between handwriting or online posting as some may be ready and want to.  In the past, I have responded to each student post, and yes, it is time consuming, but this is what I would do with my f2f office hours if students dropped by for help, which they usually don't' instead they email me if they have a question, so we are technically online already.

I look forward to having time to review all the posts again.  I do read them all, but do not necessarily respond to them all.

UFV closed down at 12:15 pm due to "deteriorating weather and road conditions". Isn't online so much safer and warmer? Enjoy your weekend.

Out of confusion comes clarity.

Leonne