SylviaR - finally...Five Card Flickr storytelling

Re: SylviaR - finally...Five Card Flickr storytelling

by Gina Bennett -
Number of replies: 3

hi Beth & SylviaR,

Beth, your 5-card Flickr photo essay really looked like fun! I played your voice-over & then played it again with the sound off & tried my own storyline. So this was a VERY low-tech way of doing the exercise but I found it really fun & easy & it took me only about 15 minutes to come up with a story (see below).

I love the idea of using a'random image generator'. Adobe Spark may indeed be a bit complex for students but what about a random image generator website?  Then students would only need to know how to copy & paste the link, or (at the very least) do a screen capture.

Anyway, here's my story based on Beth's series of 5 images:

Slide 1. Martina, an experienced online educator, felt the ground quiver slightly as she watched a strange vehicle land silently in her horse pasture.

Slide 2. A young man came out of the vehicle. He called himself "Trtulr'q". Although Martina found his name impossible to pronounce, she fell immediately in love with him.

Slide 3. Trtulr'q invited Martina to a romantic picnic & introduced her to a food which he translated as "sauteed green daisies". Martina ate the food, not realizing that doing so would commit her to a lifelong relationship with Trtulr'q. 

Slide 4. Through mind control, Trtulr'q convinced Martina to re-locate to his community. Together they endured a long space flight, surviving only on a succulent plant reminiscent of aloe vera.

Slide 5. Trtulr'q's home world was not as bad as Martina had feared but it took her some time to get used to red lawns. Fortunately, due to the wonders of technology, she was able to maintain her online teaching gig.

In reply to Gina Bennett

by Beth Cougler Blom -

Hilarious, Gina! Are you a sci-fi fan perhaps? Love it.

Like the idea of the random image generator too.

In reply to Gina Bennett

by Colleen Grandy -

I love this! Let me know when you publish the sequel. I'm hooked. I think I might add a leaf to the tree I made using Beth's activity idea: "online facilitator on distant planet?"

In reply to Gina Bennett

Re: SylviaR - another random image generator

by Sylvia Riessner -

Wow, thanks for that resource Gina - and the story - definitely sci-fi ;-)

I've added it to my collection and will mention it in my blog - I'm promoting the SCoPE micro-courses - I so appreciate the feedback and ideas - I will try to contribute more next time around. Thanks all!