What were you doing in 1994?

What were you doing in 1994?

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 1

Awhile back when members of the ETUG Steering Committee were chatting about the ETUG 20th Anniversary celebration, Amanda Coolidge had [yet another] brain wave. How about setting up a virtual face wall? So we did -- on Pinterest. Now it's time get your stuff on the ETUG 20th Anniversary Face Wall!

Here are some guiding questions:

• Where were you and what were you doing in 1994?
  • In your view, what is the most significant educational impact since 1994?
  • ... the most significant technical impact since 1994?

Steps:

Option 1:

Have or want a Pinterest account? Follow the board and we'll follow you back + give you access to post to the wall.

Option 2:

Post your stuff elsewhere -- as a reply in this thread, on your blog... anywhere you'd like. Tweet the link, use the #etug hashtag, and we'll pin it! 

*Participation in this activity will help to you to earn the Social Networker Badge

In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: What were you doing in 1994?

by Oren Lupo -

Hi All -- It seems like a lifetime ago, but in 1994 I had my first experiences of Mosaic, e-databases and catalogues, online community participation and many other proto-networked-ed-tech experiences at Computing in the Humanities and Social Sciences at the U of Toronto. Going to CHASS was like getting a seat on a ride to the future--about five years hence--for fledgling English lit students like me.