Posts made by Therese Weel

You should be very glad Brenda. I have learned that I am not the greatest health care provider.

These games do take a long time to become familiar with.   Cross posting this Resource to the Social Impact Games List. 

Does anyone know of other handy lists of games

-------------------------
If you want to dabble this weekend, Social Impact Games Has a nice categorized list of games to explore.  Come back and tell us what you found interesting.

http://www.socialimpactgames.com

View All Games
View Games by Category
Education + Learning Games
Public Policy Games
Political + Social Games
Health + Wellness Games
Business Games
Military Games
Advergames
Commercial (COTS) Games
Projected + Upcoming
Hi Folks,

Thank you so much for your participation and contributions thus far. 

The more deeply we engage within the group the more we will benefit from this experience.  

Since we're busy people and this is a long weekend, I though I would summarize where we are at.  First of all,  spent some time updating the mindmap and the wiki.  You'll find them here :

We have several discussion threads going including these three:

and we are looking at Some Serious Games

* Industry Player
* Some Games for Health from Dierdre
* Thinking Worlds

We are planning an ellumate session on Serious Games and a Foray to Boracay Island  in Second Life. We will update you on how those are coming along soon

If you want to dabble this weekend, Social Impact Games Has a nice categorized list of games to explore.  Come back and tell us what you found interesting.

http://www.socialimpactgames.com

View All Games
View Games by Category
Education + Learning Games
Public Policy Games
Political + Social Games
Health + Wellness Games
Business Games
Military Games
Advergames
Commercial (COTS) Games
Projected + Upcoming

Therese 
SL:Tree Sewell  
How very true, Sylvia

Sofar I had been defining serious games as computer games.  But those games are really just modelling some sort of real world experience  or existing game.

To look at the value of the game.  We need to consider the game itself and what it gives us.

Lets take for example, a party game like Charades.  Charades develops our non verbal communication skills and encourages social interaction .   We could play charades virutally using video cams.  It would be a hoot    - but I don't own a video camera.  So perhaps a game like Charades is better played in  person.

Hi Folks

I hope everyone is enjoying their Easter long weekend.  It is a beautiful spring day here. 

Below are the *new* instructions for those who would like to explore industry player this weekend. 

The IP people are keeping an eye out for scope participants and will and upgrade your account automatically.

IP is a game for mastering the complexity of the business world.  Supply and demand, competition, and the like. 

I found it a challenge at first but after playing a few rounds I eventually got the hang of it

Therese

Download IndustryPlayer

ip_dowload_now_1.gif

IndustryPlayer Version 5.12, Filesize 8.6MB
Requirements: Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP/Vista, Internet Connection
cert.jpg

Run the IndustryPlayer Setup file

When the download has finished, please confirm to run industryplayer_setup.exe. The IndustryPlayer Setup Wizard will appear and guide you through the rest of the installation.

Start Your Corporation

IndustryPlayer Screenshot After you login, a starting capital of $10,000,000 is provided for you to start your 1st company. Just follow the intructions of your virtual management team and they will guide you on your first steps as a virtual entrepreneur. Read more...