Posts made by Glenn Groulx

Thank you Dilip for your post. I find that the use of blogs sometimes requires a choice to spend less time on something else - do you think students feel they are "wasting" their time on blogging? From your experience, do you think most students are unclear of the reasons for why they will benefit, and should persist?

In terms of style, I was referring to whether the writing you do is more intended for students (formal), colleagues (very formal) or for oneself (less formal, almost casual).

Looking forward to discussing ideas with you.

Glenn

Thank you for your post, Emma, it gives me a snapshot of your blogging activities. One of the things we will be covering next week is the use of Twitter as a micro-blogging tool, and providing options for integrating the micro-blogging tools into "regular" blogging.

You also mentioned you have several blogs, including a professional blog - is that edublog more formal than the teaching sandbox blog?

Do you enable commenting on all your blogs? D'Arcy Norman has disabled commenting from his own edublog, for example.

Looking forward to our discussion.

Glenn

I would like to invite you to describe your experiences with reading and writing blogs and micro-blogs. You can post your responses in your own blogs, and tag it as SCoPE-edublogging. Then post a short link to your blog within the forum.

For those entirely new to blogs, what are your impressions and perceptions about the usefulness of blogs? Post your response in the forum.

If you are new to blogging, but who do follow blogs, respond

1. How do you think blogs work as a networking tool?
  2. What features do you think are important?

For those who have had experience as a blogger, here are some guiding questions:

1. What are a couple main reasons for why you blog?
  2. What roles does the blog play?
  3. What other bloggers do you follow? Why?
  4. What is your preferred style of writing?
  5. How frequently do you post?
  6. Has your blogging changed over time?