Activity 1: Janna's initial metacognition thoughts

Activity 1: Janna's initial metacognition thoughts

by Janna van Kessel -
Number of replies: 5

Hello from sunny Whitehorse, Yukon.

Here are my initial reflections and I look forward to meeting and learning from everyone this week!

Janna

initial impressions about metacognition

In reply to Janna van Kessel

Re: Activity 1: Janna's initial metacognition thoughts

by Leonne Beebe -

Welcome Jana,

What an interesting way to display your reflections. Each thought has its own bubble connecting to the central thought.  This is a very effective format for students who like to use visuals to complement and integrate their thoughts and words. One way to help us grow in our use of online tools is to mention which tool you used for your post. 

Out of confusion comes clarity.

Leonne

In reply to Leonne Beebe

by Janna van Kessel -

Thanks for your feedback, Leonne.

And, rookie mistake, sorry! The tool I used was Google draw. I starting using it a couple of weeks ago, but it seems very easy to add different shapes with text to create simple flowcharts or other visuals. And I appreciate being able to save as a jpeg.

cheers, Janna

Visualizing thinking

by Sylvia Riessner -

I enjoyed your visual/text depiction of your reflections on metacognition! And Google Draw is fun and flexible (and free, sort of). Looks as though we share many of the same hopes for the microcourse. I look forward to hearing more about how you use metacog strategies or ideas in your own learning and with students.

by Shawna Williams -

As you were first to post a graphic response, you motivated me to do the same. Thanks for the inspiration. Also, your hope for the workshop reflect many of my own (and likely many of our course mates). 

by Viviana Chiorean -

Welcome Janna,

This is a new "tool" that I will be exploring now, thank you for sharing. I look forward to learning with and from you this week.

Viviana