A rather loose tradition here at SCoPE is to schedule a "reflections and next steps" discussion at the beginning of the academic year. We miss some years, and this year we're getting a late, but hopefully productive, start!
First, a bit of a snapshot of what's happened since we launched 7 years ago. We have:
- Approximately 4,000 member accounts from 156 countries
- Organized 75 scheduled, facilitated, asynchronous seminar discussions, and about 120 synchronous sessions
- Hosted 1 entirely online conference, provided facilitation and administration for 2 others, and supported online presence for f2f conferences
- Held 4 Online Community Enthusiasts events in Vancouver
- Collaborated to offer 2 MOOCs
- Provided space and support to 50 online special interest/project groups
All of this has been possible thanks to well over 200 volunteer facilitators. Some volunteers have facilitated several events!
And thanks to full support from BCcampus, and prior to that Simon Fraser University, all of these activities have been free. It's fantastic that this international professional learning community continues to be valued!
The 3 questions we always kick off with are:
- What have you liked about SCoPE?
- What would you change?
- What are your ideas for future activities?
During a recent conversation with SCoPE members and Community of Practice leaders, we thought that asking the questions this way might help to focus the conversation more on value to YOU and your workplace.
- How has SCoPE helped you?
- How do you think SCoPE can be improved to have more impact?
- Where do you see the community going in the next few years?
However you choose to jump in, even if it's just to wave and say hello, your contribution is much appreciated!