This is an open-community space dedicated to finding sustainable & practical solutions to "mis-matches" between learning services at post-secondary institutions and inclusive & accessible learning experiences for all students.
The is a working and thinking space for members of British Columbia's Teaching and Learning Network. TLN is a loosely knit community of professionals who are involved in educational development in British Columbia. Many people have worked very hard to maintain the network. This site is offered as a vehicle for building closer ties and facilitating the growth of TLN.
Note: This group was previously called UCIPD
Footprints are an attempt to describe the dynamics of what happens in the 'new open' learning ...
...to form the basis of conversations about the interaction between learning design and learning experience.
- Footprints try to capture several snapshots along the way: starting with the design footprint, as it is on day one, followed by footprints of the learning at various stages during the learning event.
- The footprints can be drawn individually, or collectively, and by a range of stakeholders – designers, curators, facilitators, administrators, managers, learners, and researchers. The footprints should differ, as they are snapshots taken from different perspectives and positions.
- Emergent learning is learning in which self-organization is encouraged, and in which how learning takes place (the process), as well as what is learnt (the curriculum) is open and to some extent unpredictable.
- So the conversations that follow should help us make sense of what has happened - or is happening - in a learning event, not to predict what will happen in the future (although lessons can obviously be learnt).
Welcome all community coordinators, hosts, moderators, and everybody else interested in learning more about cultivating and sustaining online communities! This is a gathering place to share resources, experiences, and opportunities.
- Moderator: Sylvia Currie
- Moderator: Sandbox Account
This is a place to play in the sand. Don't leave any toys in here that you care about because we'll be raking the box clean from time to time! To be able to use all of the features of in the sandbox login using: