For many years I was employed as a faculty member at College of the Rockies, working to support & encourage e-learning, educational technology, academic innovation, learning-centred approaches, & faculty development generally. A lot of my work involved helping faculty make the transition from classroom-only to online instruction. During my time at COTR, I was also fortunate to participate in a number of international projects, working with overseas colleagues to improve curriculum quality and develop new programs.
Although retired from full-time work, I still enjoy contributing as an educator in a variety of roles. I volunteer as an ESL tutor in Hope, & am currently teaching ABE Math at UFV's Hope Centre. I also work as an online curriculum consultant (in both paid & volunteer roles) for a variety of projects. Retirement has given me more time to pursue education-related interests, including online facilitation (though the wonderful FLO courses!) and the art & science of making transformational learning experiences happen at a distance. I also stay involved and passionate about Open education initiatives of all kinds, and increasing access to education through volunteer tutoring and Wikipedia.
The best way to reach me (for first contact, anyway) is probably through email: email@example.com.
- Institutional Role
Privacy and policies
- Group profiles
- Adopting Open Textbooks
- BC Open Textbook Subcommittee
- British Columbia Teaching and Learning Network
- Demystifying the Student Perspective
- ETUG: Educational Technology Users Group
- Facilitating FLO Design/Sandbox
- Facilitating FLO Fundamentals/Sandbox
- Facilitating FLO Synchronous/Sandbox
- Facilitating Learning Online - Fundamentals APRIL2019
- Facilitating Learning Online - Fundamentals OCT2019
- View more
- First access to site
- Tuesday, 3 April 2007, 10:59 AM (13 years 239 days)
- Last access to site
- Friday, 6 November 2020, 12:09 PM (18 days 9 hours)