Motivation and Adult Learning Online Wiki: Summary
Motivation and Adult Learning Online: Wiki
Table of contents%!3%! Anne Mckague %!4%! %!5%! %!6%! %!7%! %!8%! %!9%! %!10%! %!11%! %!12%!
Motivation and Adult Learning Online
Dec 1-17, 2010 | SCoPE Discussion
What motivates adult learners in online learning environments? What are the barriers? How do we measure motivation? Motivation is both complex and multidimensional and there is a lot to explore during this seminar. We will look at the sources of motivation and what we, as educators, can do to support adults in meeting their learning goals.
Facilitator: Firat Sarsar
Moderator: Sylvia Currie
- Amy Severson
- Anne Mckague
- Christine Horgan
- Dilip Barad
- Don McIntosh
- Heather Ross
- Judy Southwell
- Nicholas Bowskill
- Nick Kearney
- Pat Tymchatyn
- Roxanne Russell
Main Discussion Questions 
- What does motivation mean to you?
- What are the motivational factors for adults in online learning environments?
- How do we promote adult motivation in online learning environments?
- Do you think that online learning environments are motivating to adult learners?
- What motivates us? (tag: 'what is motivation?')
- Motivational factors (tag: motivational factors)
- Promote motivation (tag: 'promote motivation')
- Measure motivation (tag: measure motivation)
- Our Questions
Feel free to add more tags/links to the summary!