Re-Thinking E-Learning Research Wiki: Summary
You'll need to login to edit this wiki.
Tip: Click the enlarge editor icon (looks like this ) for a bigger view while editing.
Re-Thinking E-Learning Research Wiki
Table of contents
1. Book chapters and related reading 
Re-Thinking E-Learning Research
November 9 - 27, 2009 | SCoPE Discussions
During this seminar we will look closely at e-learning research. What is it? Where are we? What is the case for narrative methods in e-learning research? How can methodologies associated with critical theory contribute to the field of e-learning research?
This discussion is part of our Professional Reading Group Series. The book,Re-Thinking E-Learning Research: Foundations, Methods, and Practices, by Norm Friesen, Canada Research Chair in E-Learning Practices, is available atAmazon and selected chapters of the book and related readings are available on the seminar wiki.
Facilitators: Norm Friesen
Moderator: Sylvia Currie
- Christine Horgan
- Cindy Xin
- Jeffrey Keefer
- Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers
- Susanne Nyrop
- Wendy Kraglund-Gauthier
Book chapters and related reading 
Re-Thinking E-Learning Research: Foundations, Methods, and Practices, by Norm Friesen, Canada Research Chair in E-Learning Practices. The book is available at Amazon. Selected chapters and related readings are available for download:
- Introduction: Re-thinking e-learning research | PDF 164 KB
- Chronicles of Change: the narrative turn and e-learning research | PDF 134 KB
- Genre and CSCL: The form and rhetoric of the online posting | PDF 208 KB
- SSHRC proposal summary: SUMMARY - Discursive Psychology and Social Technology: Investigating Web 2.0 in Education | PDF 95 KB
- Hermeneutic Phenomenology: Experiential Evidence in E-Learning | PDF 196 KB
- Critical Theory: Ideology Critique and the Myths of E-Learning | PDF 184 KB | online @ ACM Ubiquity
- The Tower of Hanoi and the Experience of Lived Number | PDF 168 KB
- Conclusion: Plurality versus Synthesis | PDF 136 KB
Slides and Presentations
- Keynote Presentation by Norm Friesen, October, 2009 WCET conference
- CIDER Session - May 06, 2009 11:00 AM | | Elluminate | Slides (PDF)
- Interview on Critical Theory, New Zealand | MP3
- Keynote Presentation by Norm Friesen, CIRTA 2009 (le Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en technologies d'apprentissage)