Here is our collective list of resources related to Informal Learning. To add to the list you will need to log in first.
Informal Learning Resources
Table of contents
Informal Learning Web Sites 
- Informal Learning site - Jay Cross - http://informl.com/
- Futurelab?s Space Signpost - Elhanan Gazit (VRider) -The signpost aims to make space science more accessible, by allowing people to chart their own path through the cosmos using a touch screen interface.
- Albert Ip's post on Learning Design seems to have an echo with informal learning
- David Millar Bloglist my recent compilation of placeblogs, wikis, RSS and e-authoring
Practices and Approaches that Embody Informal Learning 
- Communities of Practice
- Social networks
- Blogging networks
- Wikipedia-like things (do we have a name for this?)
- Conversation, story-telling, dialog
- Collaboration, teamwork, apprenticeship
- (Tolerance of failure, promotion of experimentation)
Collaborative Storytelling (new): citizen participation, cityspeak, games, and online academic exchange
Personal Learning Environments (PLE) 
Questions We are Holding 
- Does it matter if informal learning is within academia or without?
Relevant Theories 
Prof. Juval Protugali's Synergetic Inter-Representation Networks (SIRN) Theory