Blogging to Enhance Learning Experiences: Examples and Resources
- Kathy Cassidy's class blog from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
- Michael Griffith's reflection (.doc) on his use of blogs for university students
- Barbara Dieu's high school EFL class blog from Sao Paulo, Brazil (pages with std links on the right sidebar)
- Dekita Exchange (classes blogging) and Dekita Orchard (aggregation of students' posts)
- "I would say that for your first years blogs are a great tools for getting things off their chest and also for building connections with other students" Tamara Gardner
- "I've found that through the blogs not only are you more able to get to know the people in your classes, but you find them more approachable..." Tamara Gardner
- Is Blogging Accessible to People with Vision Loss?
Alec Couros' wiki Digital Literacy and Emerging Educational Technology has a page about blogs.
- Disruptive Technologies: social software in education
- Blogs and community: launching a new paradigm for online community. article by Nancy White
- A Blogger's Blog: Exploring the Definition of a Medium, article by Danah Boyd
- For anything related to using Web 2.0 in the classrooms see Will Richardson's blog
- Barbara Dieu's 2005 Workshop on Weblogging Wiki
- OWP2007 del.icio.us list on Open and Participatory Resources and Web 2.0
- Aaron Campbell's Comparative Review of Blogging Tools
- P2P (peer to peer) and Learning Ecologies article (Dieu, Campbell and Ammann)
- The Virtual University: models and messages
- Michael Griffiths, Literature & Life
- Michael Rees, Impressions Scholarcast
- Terry Wassall, blog at elgg.net and blog at Leeds Uni elgg.leeds.ac.uk
- Heather M. Ross, McToonish and OpenThinking
- SCoPE members' blogs
- Edublogs provides free blogs for teachers and K-12 students, and for higher education students. For a fee, Edublogs Premium supports a customised, controlled blogging environment.
- Photobucket (http://photobucket.com/) - easy way to upload still and video images into your blog.
- Flickr.com (digital photography album and social networking platform)
- WordPress.com (open source free platform on their server)
- Wordpress.org (open source personal install on your server)
- Wordpress MU (open source multi-user install)
- Performancing plug-in for Firefox
- Windows Live Writer
- WriteToMyBlog supports Flickr and Youtube
- LiveJournal x
- GoogleDocs - option to post to multiple blogs
- Movable Type
- Deirdre's annotated tool Wiki
I've just thrown these in here for now, anyone else if welcome ot add/edit.
windows life writer http://windowslivewriter.spaces.live.com/
innova studio http://www.innovastudio.com/editor.asp ($US69)