2012 SCoPE Seminars Summary
- Should the badge criteria be known in advance or is it interesting to have the surprise element, as well?
- Do badges expire ? Or are they revokable?
- How would you create the digital file (image) of the badge? Is it possible to keep people from copying the badge without having earned the badge?
- Does CoI help you explain what you did in the past in online discussion?
- Knowing the framework, has it in any way guided you or informed how you conduct yourself in online discussion?
- What does educational development mean to you?
- Values of Educational Development - Introduction to the upcoming paper "Educational Development: Dimensions and Directions"
- Do you have any suggestions around inquiry based learning for large classes, and also for those in international settings?
- View the full video series at Innovation and Excellence in Learning @ VIU
- Two key factors are: 1) will the study use data collected through online interviews to investigate real-world, face-to-face phenomena? or 2) will the study use data collected through online interviews to investigate online phenomena?
- How will you use the webcam?
- Does your target population have access to Skype?
- Why do we need to hold on to this whole notion of a "book"? Is there value in having a "book" other than it gives publishers a way to package content?
- What do you love and hate about e-books as a consumer/reader? What has been your favourite e-book reading experience to date, and why? What made it a great reading experience?
- What is the most enjoyable writing project you ever completed? Would that work translate well to doing an e-pub? And when you do large writing projects, how do you organize yourself? Do you have any rituals, superstitions or approaches you’re willing to share?
- How do you currently use video in your teaching, or how have you seen it used? You might wish to dicuss your objectives, contraints and priorities.
- What are some of the discussions you've had over how to host and present videos online?
- Which is your priority, privacy or accessiblity?