Use of Video in Education Summary
January 11-24, 2012 | SCoPE discussion
As video gets easier to record and publish, it’s valuable to step back and ask ourselves a few questions:
- Why use video? What purpose does it serve, and what problems does it solve in the online classroom?
- How much video is enough? How long should clips be, and how many is too many?
- What accompanies video? What do we add or create to increase viewer engagement?
- When is security important? How do we balance accessibility and privacy?
- What questions do we ask of ourselves and our colleagues when choosing what to film, how to edit it, how to frame it and how to share it?
Facilitators : Amy Severson
Moderator: Sylvia Currie