About Adobe Connect
Adobe Connect is a powerful web conferencing tool.
According to Wikipedia:
"Web Conferencing is used to conduct live meetings or presentations over the Internet. In a web conference, each participant sits at his or her own computer and is connected to other participants via the internet.”
Typically web conferencing systems include the ability to:
- Communicate by voice and/or web camera
- Communicate via a text chat
- Share presentations and other types of files
- Take place in real time
Adobe Connect can be used to:
- Conduct real time lectures, workshops and meetings online
- Meet with an instructor during online office hours
- Join sessions with expert guests that your instructor has arranged
- Participate in group work.
- Conduct off-campus interviews.
What do you need to participate in an Adobe Connect meeting?
How do you "get to" an Adobe Connect meeting?
- There are a number of helpful resources from Adobe such as Quick start guide for participants (PDF), Jumpstart for Participants (video 2:06), and Attending A Meeting (video 1:50).
- Need technical help? Check this Help page for documents and guides or contact the BCcampus Helpdesk, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm (Pacific Time) excluding statutory holidays.
- Unexpected outage? If no notification came through the ConnectService listserv, then there may be many reasons why you are unable to connect. If the problem arises outside of business hours, contact Adobe Connect or try to connect again after a few hours.