For our community building introductory activity, we'll use this "Glossary" tool in Moodle to share our "situated introductions." Then we will use tags to reveal our careers, hobbies, interests, family, geographical location, and anything else that comes to mind, as a way to discover connections.
Choose one or more questions to respond to.
Situate yourself in this world:
- What communities claim you (are you part of)?
- Who in your life has greatly inspired you and in what way?
- What is one tradition that is important to you?
- What is one decision you made that has led to you being here today?
- Describe a place that you are deeply connected to and why.
Situate yourself in this day:
- How are you feeling today?
- What is present in the background of this day?
Situate yourself if this course:
- What are you hoping to learn in this course?
- What are your goals?
- What do you bring that you want to share with the group?
- Click "add a new entry"
- Add your name at the top (beside "concept")
- Add your responses to the questions you chose (beside "definition"). Consider using images or video!
- Add tags at the bottom of the page (hit the ENTER key after each tag)
- Save changes
- Read what others have posted
- If it feels right, make some connections! You can add a comment to any glossary-introduction-post to ask about a shared tag, or anything else.
- Come back and edit anytime! Consider re-situating yourself any time during the course.