Video Introductions Forum
For this introduction activity, we ask you to contribute a short (less than 2 minutes) video introduction using the built-in tools within Moodle.
Why video introductions? Since facilitating online often does have an element of video to it, we thought practicing your video skills in this way might help you "warm-up" to appearing on video later during your synchronous online facilitation.
- Think of the most important details that you'd like to share about yourself with the group
- Lightly script out what you'd like to say ahead of time and practice it to see if you're within the time limit - remember, it's just 2 minutes or less!
- Don't read your script verbatim; paraphrase a bit to sound more natural
- Look to see what's behind you in your environment that is going to appear on camera - is it suitable?
- Record in a quiet environment so that a lot of background noises don't come through
- Look at your camera and don't forget to smile/be yourself
- Don't stress if it's not "perfect" - you are given chances to re-record
- Don't spend more than 15 minutes on this activity :-)
If you are unfamiliar with using the built-in Video Recording functionality of Moodle, please watch the following video that walks you through the steps of recording a video within the discussion forum.