Use of Video in Education: Jan 11-24, 2012
Use of Video in Education: January 11-24, 2012
Facilitator: Amy Severson
As video gets easier to record and publish, it’s valuable to step back and ask ourselves a few questions:
- Why use video? What purpose does it serve, and what problems does it solve in the online classroom?
- How much video is enough? How long should clips be, and how many is too many?
- What accompanies video? What do we add or create to increase viewer engagement?
- When is security important? How do we balance accessibility and privacy?
- What questions do we ask of ourselves and our colleagues when choosing what to film, how to edit it, how to frame it and how to share it?
Bring your questions, your ideas, and what you’ve read to the discussion. We won’t find any definitive answers, but certainly some new scenarios and resources, and new questions to jump start discussions in our respective workplaces.