Discussions started by emma bourassa

Well, I am a big picture person so scanning is hard for me. I like the details...

I find the videos really helpful and the contrast of styles has me wondering what format to choose. I'm nowhere near the tech bit yet, but am thoroughly enjoying the brainstorming. 

By the way, this quote

"There are so many great quotes about planning. My favorite is from Peter Drucker who clearly understood that it is the process of planning that has value. The end result is not the plan, rather the end result should be the execution of the the plan. The plan is the box, the planning is the goodies inside. With that in mind, here is one way to go about planning your explainer video."  

beautifully captures a lot of the FLO courses.  It's sometimes hard to stay within the processing bit though....

I am looking forward to the week!! 

emma

The context for this question/prompt is facilitating educators in re-imagining how learning occurs and can occur. 

The intent for the instructor is to provide a positive start to the discussion of change, which can be difficult for some. The other is to focus on constructive ideas, rather than hash through what is not working. A redirection of sorts. This serves as a needs assessment for me as I look at how to support the participants within the course as they take risks to redevelop an aspect of a course/workshop or create something new. 

The intent for the participants is to provide a space to try on new ideas, with no evaluation (that will work/won't work) of those ideas. There is not an expected 'end point' as this is more of a process focusing on the 'do' aspect rather than the 'do not' angle. I'm wondering if being in process is too hard? I realize that online learning is outcome based, but it seems from the discussions here and the discussion prompts, that there is room for shifts? Is there space for creative exploration? 

Individuals prefer various stages of creating curriculum or aspects of teaching. This process stage may be frustrating for some, so I am looking at starting with a choice of either sharing with others, sharing with me only, or holding it to themselves for a specific period of time to be able to mull. I welcome your ideas and impressions! 

The prompt: What do you want more of for the teaching and learning experiences? (this comes from an appreciative inquiry perspective)

Thanks for your ideas! 

The context for this question/prompt is facilitating educators in re-imagining how learning occurs and can occur. 

The intent for the instructor is to provide a positive start to the discussion of change, which can be difficult for some. The other is to focus on constructive ideas, rather than hash through what is not working. A redirection of sorts. This serves as a needs assessment for me as I look at how to support the participants within the course as they develop an aspect of a course/workshop. 

The intent for the participants is to provide a space to try on new ideas, with no evaluation (that will work/won't work) of those ideas. There is not an expected 'end point' as this is more of a process focusing on the 'do' aspect rather than the 'do not' angle.

I realize individuals prefer various stages of creating curriculum or aspects of teaching. This may be frustrating for some, so I am looking at starting with a choice of either sharing with others, sharing with me only, or holding it to themselves for a specific period of time to be able to mull. I welcome your ideas and impressions! 

The prompt: What do you want more of for the teaching and learning experiences?