Posts made by Kelly Christopherson

Very good questions Dan.

Who am I? I am Kelly Christopherson. I am a K - 12 school principal in rural Saskatchewan. I have been in public education for 17 years, an administrator for 9. To add to this, I am a husband, a father to 7 children (3 boy and 4 girls), a community member and a principal.

What do I own? My laptop, some furniture, a pile of barbies and clothes, a bunch of transformers, some printed material, two vehicles and several bikes and a camping trailer.

As a classroom teacher, copyright issues have been something that has affected me for many years. Now, as a principal, there is much greater concern about copyright issues especially with the use of the internet, sites, music, images and the like. This is going to be a very interesting and worthwhile discussion.

Kelly
Hello Nick,
I won't be able to make your campfire sad but I will drop by Boracay to have a look. As I said in my other post, I look forward to this chance to discuss facilitation. I have little online experience but have just completed a course to begin doing such a thing with Harvard Graduate School of Education. I hope to learn and add to what I know.
I have only been doing the online facilitation for a little while. I started taking Harvard Univeristy Graduate School of Education classes two years ago. This past year I was asked to be an online facilitator and did a 4 week training course. I will be doing more online facilitation in the future but I know that any chance a person has at facilitation assists them in so many ways with what they do offline.
As for SL, my avatar is Kelv Chevelier. I try to visit a few times a week but we are in the middle of basketball playoffs, I coach, and staffing so I have little time for the next few weeks. I will add you to my friends and we can maybe have a chat some time.
Slyvia, I would be vey interested in taking part in a book project. Let me know if this takes off as I would be willing to add to it in whatever way I could. It would be terribly exciting! 
Well, I have enjoyed the conversations and ideas that have surfaced during this time. For me, I enjoyed taking part in the discussions when time allowed but still able to keep up with what was going on even though I didn't have time to post. I have several new ideas to look at in the next little while, including LiveJournal. Thanks for the introduction Michael. It was a pleasure to get to know you through your posts. As a person who works in K - 12, it is nice to have a perspective from the Higher Education perspective. Michael, thanks for your work as mediator, you did a great job. Best of luck to the rest of you as you begin or finish your school years.