Discussions started by Barbara Dieu

Following up on Ivan Herman, whose name I suggested in the Elluminate chat area a week ago. Here is the link to the slides "How does the Semantic WEB work?" he presented at a talk at the “Semantic Café” event in São Paulo, Brazil, organized by W3C Brazil Office on 15thOctober, 2010.

If you scroll down his page there are a number of other presentations he made on the Semantic Web.

[SCoPE] LAK11 -> HELP! -> data: participants by country

by Barbara Dieu -
Hi Sylvia,
I started counting the number of participants and listing them under region and country and stopped wondering whether I would have to do it manually or whether Moodle collects this data automatically. If it does, would it be possible to share this data with me? (I do not need the names, just the number of people per country).
B.

[SCoPE] LAK11 -> Introductions -> Barbara (Bee) from São Paulo, Brazil

by Barbara Dieu -
I'm an EFL teacher (English as a Foreign Language), presently teaching at a secondary bilingual school (French-Portuguese) in São Paulo, Brazil.

I've been online since 1997, collaborating on international projects and involved in online course for professional development and networking. I have followed other MOOCS (literally and metaphorically from a distance) and have enrolled in this course to get a better idea of what Learning and Knowledge Analytics is all about.

It will be a success for me if I find the energy to reflect a bit about it at http://beespace.net and see how to apply tools and methods in the different learning contexts I am involved in both as an educator and a learner.