Posts made by bronwyn hegarty

this is a fascinating discussion. I still need convincing that digital badges are going to deliver the wow factor - if I am not a magpie - a collector of bright and shiny things - why would I want one really? Imagine an employer making the effort to decipher what each one means. Perhaps this will work while they are a novelty, but at the moment the system is feeling like the one cowboys used to use in the wild west when collecting notches on their belts. Do we know if the learners actually care if they get one or not? That is more important to me than who keeps what where and how they are credentialed. Straight talking cowgirl from the deep south. :)
Peter and all I have been reading the discussion so far with interest, and really like this three-tiered way to earn badges. perhaps the learner badge needs to include some participation, otherwise how will you know someone is lurking? I have heard of badges and found a site where you could learn to make them - will have to hunt for that. Bronwyn

Hello everyone. I have been following and keep putting off clicking the submit button to introduce myself. I am an Educational Developer at Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin, new Zealand in the Educational Development Centre.

I have recently submitted my Doctorate in Education so the waiting game is in progress. During my research I interviewed some participants using Skype, and also used telephone interviewing. I was really interested to hear about the options for interviewing presented in the webinar. I had never thought of using a virtual world to interview.

I am very interested to join the discussions and find out what everyone is doing. You can read more about me on my blog and on my profile page in WikiEducator. Bron