Learning and Knowledge Analytics

Posts made in Learning and Knowledge Analytics

[SCoPE] LAK11 -> Week 1: Introduction to Learning and Knowledge Analytics What about learning analytics in the corporate sector? -> Re: What about learning analytics in the corporate sector?

by Hans de Zwart -
There are a couple of questions in the corporate area that I hope to have better answers for at the end of this course:

1. I am very involved with innovation. It would be interesting to think about how learning analytics can help me in creating business cases voor learning innovation opportunities. Can it help in validating the business value of certain innovations? I am sure it can, but it requires the competences of asking the right questions and successfully navigating the maze of data ownership. This could allow us to use metric and data (instead of opinion) to prioritise investment.

2. I have a complete fascination for methods like social network analysis or semantic similarity checking and how they could be used to make individuals work smarter. I firmly believe we are at the cusp of many practical implementations of these kinds of methodologies and it is good to be at the forefront of that.

The concern that I have is very much regulatory. Most attempts at doing social network analysis for example seem to be blocked by legal departments with privacy concerns. This needs to change in some way before it can start becoming more useful.

[SCoPE] LAK11 -> Introductions Who is Hans de Zwart and what is he doing here? -> Re: Who is Hans de Zwart and what is he doing here?

by Hans de Zwart -
I really wouldn't know. Ever since I was eleven I have never lived closer to school or work than one hour of public transportation (one-way). There have been two years where I have a lease car and drove to work (and to clients). I never managed to attain my reading KPIs during those years.

In recent years it has been much better: I have made a deal with myself that I will only read books in the train and nothing else (no RSS feeds or magazines). For this course I am making an exception to the rule!

[SCoPE] LAK11 -> Week 1: Introduction to Learning and Knowledge Analytics Playing around with Hunch -> Re: Playing around with Hunch

by Hans de Zwart -
One other difference between Hunch and Pandora is that Pandora actually looks at the content of what it recommends whereas hunch should looks at correlations between "likes" regardless of the content.

Pandora has a deep "expert-mediated" knowledge of the music in its database. See: http://www.pandora.com/corporate/mgp for more...