Posts made by Jeffrey Keefer

Glenn, what a great topic and list of guiding questions to consider.

I have blogged at some time at my blog Silence and Voice and find myself using Twitter on a more regular basis (I Tweet at http://twitter.com/jeffreykeefer). Thus, I have my Tweets stream to my blog once a day to try to capture some of this information.

I blog as an opportunity to reflect on my work and thinking, as well as to share some of my work in the larger community. I find blogging about my research very useful, as the urls that are established make it easy to point back to a specific time or location or frame of thinking as needed. I find my own posting slowing down a bit as my Tweeting has increased. As I find less separating them, they are both becoming increasingly used elements in my work.

Finally, as my research has transitioned from blogging to microblogging to social media in general, it presents interesting opportunities for realistic next steps as I (hopefully!) approach my doctoral thesis topic.

I really look forward to using this SCoPE session to collaboratively think through some of these ideas.

Jeffrey

Jenny, at least I can find you here. I have tried to join the Google Wave, and even uploaded an Avatar, and now suddenly, nothing. I found it and have since lost it, cannot find it again, am lost as to whether we are working here in SCoPE or there in Wave, and can better appreciate how our students get overwhelmed with new technology.

I can't help but wonder aloud (or in-text) to what extent it is worth the effort to spend this workshop trying to navigate Wave . . .

Jeffrey
Thank you, Sylvia.

I was hesitant to join this SCoPE session, as I tried Google Wave a few months ago and my eyes glazed over, I found it so non-intuitive and ho-hum. After seeing the struggles people are having using it, it makes me wonder how workable it is (especially given the general educational technology interests so common in SCoPE participants!).

Alas, I think this may be good to try out in more of a community here, as I could not make sense of Wave alone. Perhaps that is my first learning from this session -- Wave is communal, and as such, does not make a lot of sense if only used alone.

Anyway, I feel safe in the facilitator hands of Emma and Sylvia.

Jeffrey