Posts made by Jeffrey Keefer

Nick, I am sorry that I missed this -- I was presenting a paper at a conference.

Another question, though, that perplexes me. I joined SL a few weeks ago while attending another workshop, and since then have read everything I could about SL (including the chat logs from these two SCoPE sessions) without making the connection to education. It may very well be staring me in the face, but I cannot figure out what to do with SL from an educational perspective (I am an adult educator and instructional designer) outside of helping people get comfortable with technology. As there is no goal or game in SL, I have not used it much since I created my account since I cannot find a practical educational use for it beyond the "this is cool" factor. Perhaps if there were a way to have our real faces there, then an element of reality would help me see it more than just anime.

Am I missing something that everybody else seems to get?

[SCoPE] Book -> Main Forum -> Book Objective

by Jeffrey Keefer -

I think this is a great book idea, but I think I want to first discuss the objectives for the book, especially before discussing the potential chapters. Blogging is a wide topic, as well as education, so what objective do we want to have in writing a book? What is the expected audience? Will this be more academic or more practitioner focused? Do we want to book to be an integrated whole or have chapters that are somewhat unrelated (save blogging in education)?

What do you think?

I keep playing the lottery, but still no luck.

No train--it is so long because I am going from New York to Houston to Seattle to Vancouver. Direct flights were too expensive when I bought my tickets. I pack a bunch of books to read when I fly. Let's hope for clean weather . . .