Posts made by Julia Hengstler

I think like most good educational graphic design, the image must be elegant--in that it is simple & clean to display at smaller sizes (e.g. less than 100x100px) but convey the central core of the concept. I believe that significant thought should be invested in the graphic design.

I don't have the technical expertise to design the coding. I would need to go to a 2nd party who have designed the structure where I could upload my image and my criteria & associate myself/institution with the granting of that badge. That 2nd party would also have to help me keep track of those to whom I/my institution have granted the badge.

I'm pondering how much I would like to have some automated credentialing toward the badge in whole or part. Does automated credentialling devalue higher level learning? more complex learning?

Hello.

Julia Hengstler here (@jhengstler). I'm the Educational Technologist @ the Faculty of Education, Vancouver Island University. I couldn't help but jump in--I monitor a lot of discussions by email lurking.

I found www.classbadges.com and am thinking of using it with a post-grad social media course. I need to define the compentency groupings==>badges and the sub-competencies==>descriptions. It looks like it runs very slickly. One of my twitter followers used it and said her K12 students loved it--found it very motivating. I'm trying to track her down in my tweets--so far no luck but have put out a twitter call. (Tried a bunch of archiving & searches to no avail.)

I think the system is worth checking out.

Julia