Posts made by E.A. Draffan

I was thinking of using a hosted wiki for a trial before getting an add on for WordPress or whatever as the university can help me with that aspect.  This was really for working with one student as an experiment to see if we can add different media items to make it more interesting but at the same time test it for ease of use and accessibility!

I have been looking at the Wiki science pages as there is a list there.  

Many thanks for any help!  E.A.

I am having a happy giggle over the cartoon - many thanks and what a lovely collection of other cartoons. 

Just one last question - a bit late in the day - which do you reckon is the easiest and most interactive and media rich type of wiki application that you have used - hopefully accessible?  I would like to trial one and have found rather too many choices! smile

Thank you so much for the very interesting session.

Best wishes E.A.

Jim - Please may I pass your question on to the ATHEN (Assistive Technology HE network) as we are just debating the issue and trying to come up with some guidelines!  It is a real quandary and TechDis and many other UK organisations have started to look at it in a much more holistic way. We know there are so many pluses for using rich media and I am enjoying exploring the issues with disabled students on the LexDis project so will be able to discuss it much more fully in a years time! So far some are really making use of all aspects, but others are struggling to cope with the mass of data and tend to stick with traditional methods of studying - in much the same way the lecturers cope with the new ideas! 

Best wishes E.A.