Posts made by E.A. Draffan

This is rather what the LexDis students said - often if it was having to blog it was because it was part of the course or needed for reflection. They found discussion groups on Blackboard hard to follow and if the subject lines were not clear they really did not enjoy the experience. Google docs was used if they were working on projects together but there always seems to have to be a leader. Same with us when we collaborate on papers! Wikis were as you said a worry when it came to editing other people's work. I suppose with drop box... you write something and then leave it physically for someone to pick up and same with Groove.
I like Mindmeister for sharing ideas with colleagues and I have to admit I have added branch to your map Emma! I am attaching a jpg of my effort in case it is blank for anyone else - shows how you export from Mindmeister. I have used several online mind mapping tools (sorry they are all on Web2access and Freemind is a good one (if you do not want too many features) as it is free.

I have evaluated quite a few mind or concept mapping applications having worked with dyslexic students who often find them helpful. A list can be found on Emptech but I am revisiting about 10 applications for a talk I am giving in May so in a week or two I will be up to date with the main differences between them all. It really comes down to the ability to use the keyboard to quickly get down ideas or how you can change the look and feel and whether the end result can be viewed as an outline and what you do with the export menu!
Attachment SCoPE_Collaboration_Seminar.jpg
We have started to evaluate as many Web 2.0 services as we possibly can and hope to get more done over the summer. When it comes to collaborative writing the list can found under the activities.

Thanks to Slyvie I am now on Wave and will try to give it a quick once over in the coming days if at all possible! Best wishes E.A.
So sorry I am so late in joining Emma but I have been submerged under emails after a blissful Kenya holiday - OK Indian Ocean waves can only be described as warm and deliciously relaxing compared to Google waves!

We have been using Google docs and drop box and Groove for quite a bit of project collaboration but I look forward to trying Wave! Best wishes E.A.
I have noticed in the recent update of Skype that when you go to add extras under tools and move to record calls, Pamela is still there - I have used that successfully in the past but without the extra sounds they talk about. There also seem to be video call recorders and I would love to know whether these impact on the connection as I find the use of the web cam recorder can stall the communication if connection is an issue. I have to agree that I am sold on Skype for its ease of use and general accessibility, including for those who are blind.