Posts made by Nalin Abeysekera

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

In developing countries resources can be consider as one constrain. further expertise knowledge on the subject is a area to be improved…specially in Sri Lanka we have IT experts but still in the arena of e-Learning we need some experts….in the future this may be improved…but these type of subjects where you need experts with subject knowledge…

Nellie,

I found another important pdf of cultural analysis for e-learning for  china by Tim Friesner and Mike Hart. It discusses e-Learning for China based upon the experiences of a free content website. Under cultural framework it discusses language, religion. Aesthetics, Law and Politics, Technology and Material Culture, Social Organization, Education, Values and Attitudes. And more importantly it identifies challenges for free e-Learning (page 86).I think cultural frame work is very much necessary to any country to understand their own challenges.

Thanks for your sharing of information…yes i personally believe first we have to identify the barriers. But we can do something for given resources….in developing countries there is a huge problem of utilizing of resources..for that I think the governments and people specially officers in that respective sectors should  responsible for that….that’s why I am always proposing the good leadership..a good champion…is needed..In management we called them as transformational leaders…Achievement oriented culture should be there to increase the awareness as well as usage of e-Learning.It will helpful for the identification of barriers as well.....

Nellie,

You are extremely correct. I think china is a good example….once we are taking with success stories we can talk lot about china. Herewith I attached one article on e-Learning in china where it focus on government policies and pilot universities –by Song Gilsun. Where it discuses historical development and background information as well as current scope. More importantly it discusses the challenges and potential too.