Posts made by Emma Duke-Williams

Deirdre Bonnycastle wrote,

If they see different roles as contributors to the overall project, it helps overcome issues of "so and so brings my marks down" so I have to do everything.

How very true - and also allows groups to see that if they all have naturally very similar roles, that they may have to work to ensure that all roles are covered.

Good to hear about your daughter & her research skills :)

Colby Stuart wrote,

I have found SCoPE to be a place where the sheer joy of sharing, participation and playful encounter comes alive.

I'd like to second that & the thanks that Colby gave to Sylvia - and all the participants!

I've certainly enjoyed these 3 weeks & the opportunity to play. big grin

Nick Kearney wrote,

wonder if the resistance I encounter frequently to the idea of mind maps is not a question of cognitive styles, but rather that many, whatever their "$:style" have their way of "mapping" the terrain.

Quite possibly! I know I've always been somewhat sceptical of the way that 'learning styles' are, in some cases very rigorously applied, after all, I'm sure most of us have differing preferences depending on the time of the day, subject, weather, no known reason, etc!

(I also know what you mean about OS maps giving you a very rich picture & visualisation of the landscape - scary how many today rely on satnav & couldn't find their way without one).
As far as I know you can take scholar bookmarks with you once you've left ... though not 100% sure, as I've not left!
I suspect that I didn't give them enough reasons as to why they'd want to share bookmarks; or perhaps the starting list I gave them wasn't exciting enough. (Or maybe too long ... perhaps they didn't think there were more out there! Who knows)

It wasn't really a key part of what we were doing; I just suggested it as an extra, should they wish to use it. That's probably the key reason why they weren't keen to use either tool.

Being 'keen' on the VLE ... whole different issue!