Posts made by Emma Duke-Williams

I've been rather busy these last few weeks, but still intend to summarise at some point.
In the interim, I've used a combination of an export to Google Docs tool & Wordle to create Wordles of the discussions we've had in wave. They're in the relevant waves, or you can see them all at Picasa

I've asked Sylvia if there's a similar tool to allow me to dump complete discussions from Moodle into a document that I can then dump to Wordle.

Edited to add:
I've just tried with the RSS feed for the whole of this discussion, but I think that it's only showing the most recent x posts.

SCoPE - Winding up.

Thanks to everyone for participating - sharing tools, and ideas, and, most importantly playing in the waves.

Early next week, I intend to try to collate useful posts / URLs / etc to a single document.

So, what do you want to see in that document? I've started a wave ... but for those that prefer Moodle - use this forum ... and I'll try to combine.

(Unless, of course, you'd rather do a wiki - in which case - start and share .. but guess we need to limit ourselves a little - or the information's going to be even more thinly distributed!)

LIke Colby, I'm really impressed with the rich image you've just invoked with your metaphors, Therese.

Just as I was reading this, a student came into my office to ask about his MSc project; one of the ideas he's had is to look at collaborative tools for learning.
I asked him if he'd used Google wave and, like many of us said at the outset, his view was that he'd had a go, but didn't get it; so gave up.

I'm now wondering if I could create a project for him to start to look at how these waves could be gathered together. So many synergies!