Posts made by Deirdre Bonnycastle

Actually, the content wasn't the issue. The issue was very poor communication about the availability of the broadcasts and an audience of technology neophytes (very few of the audience use email, let alone the Internet). You can build the best mousetrap in the world, but if no one knows about it or believes in its usefulness, your company will go bankrupt. My point is you need to understand who your audience is, particularly if they aren't residing in your classroom. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I've been in education for 35 years and there is this consistent story of great technology, sitting in a box. My most recent tale is interactive student response systems (clickers) were installed in our largest lecture theatre. Faculty were trained in using it as an interactive tool. A year later, students were complaining about how much they hated the clickers because all they were used for was taking attendance. The audience (faculty) hadn't bought into the interactive learning model!

What could go wrong? How about spending thousands of dollars on professionally scripted and recorded podcasts and having minimal readership! Argghh! Audience, audience, audience.

Oh well, I took the podcasts and added them to my WebCT course, so it wasn't a total loss.