Posts made by Sylvia Currie

Stephanie, could you expand on the Academic Relation's "New Faculty" orientation. What are some possible ways to connect SCoPE and the New Faculty Communities?

I imagine the new faculty community space to be fairly transient, although much of the content there is valuable for existing faculty as well. I see one obvious linkage -- that new faculty be informed about SCoPE as a way to find and share resources and engage in discussions related to teaching and learning research and practice.

This brings us back to that question again about how to provide an area in SCoPE that is relevant to SFU faculty only. For example, if we wanted to schedule a virtual tour for SFU faculty to orient them to the resources and services available at SFU (like the presentation you did that was so well received), would that be an activity appropriate for SCoPE? or a New Faculty Community?
Great idea to gather up help-type questions, Liz. That gave me the idea to begin a Community FAQ. I added one question and answer in there and opened it up so any member can contribute items.

Are you confused about anything you've seen here in SCoPE? (Well, besides getting our heads chopped off smile) Post your questions and we'll start building that FAQ. Feel free to edit the FAQ directly.

Great idea to gather up help-type questions, Liz. That gave me the idea to begin a Community FAQ. I added one question and answer in there and opened it up so any member can contribute items.

Are you confused about anything you've seen here in SCoPE? (Well, besides getting our heads chopped off smile) Post your questions and we'll start building that FAQ. Feel free to edit the FAQ directly.

The Moodle Profile is a nice feature, and I really like the way it's accesible from anywhere by clicking on a member's name or avatar. When introducing yourself here there's really no need to repeat what's in your profile, but bringing forward details that are relevant to the topic can be useful. Normally the first message posted to a discussion includes some introductory information, and is a way to say "hi, I'm here" without diving into the topic.

I see you've updated your profile, Liz! approve  LOL (In case she changes it, just know that what I saw at 1:23 pm on August 9th was funny)

The Moodle Profile is a nice feature, and I really like the way it's accesible from anywhere by clicking on a member's name or avatar. When introducing yourself here there's really no need to repeat what's in your profile, but bringing forward details that are relevant to the topic can be useful. Normally the first message posted to a discussion includes some introductory information, and is a way to say "hi, I'm here" without diving into the topic.

I see you've updated your profile, Liz! approve  LOL (In case she changes it, just know that what I saw at 1:23 pm on August 9th was funny)